Monday, April 10, 2017

Art on the Green

I have always loved the beauty of the Lexington, Virginia area and have visited there a number of times but I have not participated in the Art on the Green Art Show .  This year, scheduling seemed to be a positive to make this trip and I am looking forward to this event.  It is scheduled for Saturday, April 29th from 10 AM until 4 PM.  Three of the Double Line Painters of the Blue Ridge will be participating as well as a number of the artists I know well from the Smith Mountain Lake and Roanoke area art events.
The Color of Sunset

Here are a couple of the paintings that I will be bringing to the event.
The Color of Sunset is a plein air acrylic started on site in Botetourt County and then completed after I returned home.
The Social Event


"The Social Event" was a painting I did in studio which was an exercise in imagination and color.  Just an enjoyable artistic exercise!

I am still in the decision making process for the choices I will make on art to travel to Lexington.  What really makes choices difficult is that I enjoy painting a little of everything....plein air or studio
or just experimenting with our painting friends.

I am looking forward to seeing friends I done often see and meeting new folks.  Please come by Hopkins Green  (corner of Nelson and Jefferson Street ) in Lexington to see
the art and artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment